dottydotbackground

Sunday 5 October 2008

in the beginning ......

... where to start? I have always loved creating thing but I can't pin down where my addiction to bag books actually started .... my first adventures with "paper crafts" begin when my online friend of many years, RJ, introduced me to rubber stamping. Over the years I have blamed (and thanked!) her for many things - including finally having to move to a bigger house so that I could have my own craft room as my obsession with paper craft, and all the things that go with it, has grown.

I made my first "book" as a present for a friend, in return she made me a paper bag book (pictured) and from the moment I saw it I was hooked, absolutely and totally. I loved not only the way it was made, but all the pockets and tags that she had filled it with ..... it was so gorgeous that it even had to carry a Government Health Warning!! I started to make bag books as presents, for weddings, births etc. My early bag books were none too great (I guess that many of us look back and shudder at our early creations!) but over time I have learnt better techniques and I am usually fairly pleased with what I create. For me, its all about the details, finding the right flower, charm, brad or button ..... I dread to think how much I've spent on the right flowers, charms, brads and buttons! Especially those saved for best, the ones I will never use but like to look at!!

So, here I am .... addicted to paper bag albums. I guess it could be a whole lot worse ......


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Welcome to blog-land, Ali! I really enjoyed reading your first post and look forward to many more. I'm off to subscribe and add your link to mine! Have fun!

Magic Making Hands said...

*waves at Jodi* .... well, thank you for reading :-)

Anonymous said...

Ali, way to go...nice blog and thanks for mentioning me...lol RJ