dottydotbackground

Tuesday 5 May 2009

A little bit of ....

.... wonderful thriftiness.

I found this lovely pot holder at one of my local thrift shops this weekend. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it just yet, but I'm almost certain it won't involve plants. I love the old-fashionedness of it .... and I especially love the £1.20 price tag.

I also managed to snag some baby themed bargains at the Pound Shop for a project that I've been dreaming of for a while. I love the idea of making gift sets, a decorated container, a small book and some appropriate gifts .... perhaps completed by a matching card and gift tag.


I'm hoping make some more themed sets over the next week or so .... all of my recent "makes" have gone off to a friend who is having a craft sale and I have a craft fair in less than four weeks so I really, really do need to knuckle down and get making. My immediate "to do" list consists of:
  • pages for a swap for my favourite Yahoo group
  • the remaining 20 of 90 wedding invitations
  • a baby themed bag book to celebrate the birth of twins
  • a formal album for a work colleague
  • make stock, stock and more stock for the next craft fair and my MISI shop
I was lucky enough to take part in a wonderful MISI swap this month, the idea was to make items that reflected your swap partners name. I received Martin the Monster and some Handwarms (MMH for Magic Making Hands - clever eh?) from the very clever Sharnemainiaknits. Martin the Monster was immediately adopted by my 20 year old son .... what better compliment is there than that?





1 comment:

Zoe said...

I love the baby theme idea. We are doing a family tree, I am thinking of trying to do some sort of scrapbook for my mum. Or maybe I should just buy one lol