dottydotbackground

Sunday 10 April 2011

A Monthly Make - 2011 - April

I really am enjoying the Monthly Makes - not just the making but the looking at what everyone else is making too!  

I've developed a bit of a "thing" for the circus fonts that are everywhere and so I decided to make a picture for my hallway using one of them.

I started off by printing the letter G (for my surname) as large as I could on A4 paper:
 Then I used tracing paper to square it off to make a cross stitch pattern:
Then I did a bit of cross stitch:
And ended up with this:
I just need to get it mounted and framed ... I'm thinking a white mount and a white frame ... rather swish, no?
Anyway, time to upload to the April Album - why not go and have a look at what everyone else has made?

2 comments:

Gilly Tee said...

That really is great, clever you I would never have thought of doing something like that. I used to do a lot of cross stitch should do some again.
Gillx

Unknown said...

wow, that look's amazing!!! well done you. Such a clever idea.