dottydotbackground

Sunday 27 February 2011

I finally gave in and .....

..... got me some Cath.  After having a good look through this book at work I finally decided to succumb and buy myself a copy:
I really want to start using up my stash of fabric and vintage lace and there is something a little odd (I think) in buying new books to show me how to do this ..... so normally I spend hours on the internet blog hopping to get ideas but nothing beats reading a "proper" book and this was only £7.50 from Amazon .....
I am feeling a little bit "thrifty" however after finally finishing off my crochet flowers and getting them sewn onto my cushions.  These flowers were made from a whole pile of crochet thread that I was given recently and, check out these cushions!  Made from a whole bolt of vintage fabric I "happened" upon a few years ago .....
And yes, I think they do need more flowers but I'd forgotten how very much crochet makes my hands hurt so they will have to wait a while longer .....
Last make of the weekend was a bit of colouring with my copics ..... I'm getting there, slowly ......



now ..... off to practising some more colouring in :-)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Ooo colouring in! I used to love colouring in and prided myself on having THE neatest colour in books LOL.
Your cushions look FAB Ali....I'm impressed.