dottydotbackground

Sunday 2 November 2008

busy, busy, busy ....

.... this week I've been very busy indeed. Early in the week I got a fab parcel full of things I'd bought from the Artymiss website. Some lovely Blossoms and Butterflies card and a box of chipboard shapes that I got as a "buy one get one free". I am absolutely in love with this range of card - some of it is glittered and some is foiled and all of it is bright and colourful!! This is the cover of the paper bag album that I made with some of it:

I also got a box of Papermania pre-printed cards to decorate and I spent a lovely afternoon with Laura, my God Daughter, doing just that. It was great to spend some time catching up with her but, I have to say, that I didn't realise anybody could talk that much - it took a day or so for my ears to recover! Anyway, we made 5 of each card and here they are:

I love this snowball picture - it's part of a clipart set from the pcCrafter website (I am a big fan of their downloads). I printed this out onto vellum and Laura used my sizzix to cut photo corners to hold it in place.

Another graphic from pcCrafter - I used my craftrobo to cut this out and Laura glued the buttons on.

Yet more graphics from pcCrafter!! I think this is my favourite out of all the cards that we made. We printed these and I cut them out, Laura used a corner rounder on them and we used foam pads to raise them slightly from the card.

This was the easiest card to make - Laura used my punchies to cut out the circles and the snowflakes. Then we glued them on, using foam pads to raise the snowflakes up a little bit.

All in all, a very productive afternoon!! Laura also made some cards to give to her friends. She told me it was the best afternoon she'd ever had .... I'm looking forward to doing it again, but not for a little while!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oooh, can hardly wait to receive my card from you *wink*...! You guys made some fab cards. How old is your goddaughter?? "Sounds" like you had fun!

Magic Making Hands said...

ah ... now you should know by now how bad I am at making my *own* cards .... still, once I've got these craft fairs over with :-)

Laura is 10 .... and just fantastic, she just talks so very, very much!